Monday, February 18, 2008

New Years Thoughts

I’ve realized something about myself. I don’t want much. I don’t want my future to be complicated or chaotic. I just want a small house with a few things - not riddled with five different kinds on face cleansers, toners and moisturizers in the bathroom; 30 different kinds of shoes in the closet. I don’t want a huge house when I’m older, and I don’t want a lot of stuff. I don’t want a lot of friends that are only mediocre - i want a few friends who know me and i know them and we enjoy just spending time together. I want friends with morals, and I want morals of concrete. I don’t want alcohol and I don’t want drugs, because they make things difficult and complicated. I don’t want a partying lifestyle, because that is meaningless. When I’m older, I want a good man, one who will pray with me instead of pressure me. One who will constantly guide me in my walk with Christ. I want art, and design, and to have made an impact in the world through them. And I want paint. I definitely want to paint.
Bare feet will do. Staying in some nights will be just fine with me. I’ll be happy with a blank book and a pencil, some clothes, a lot of warm sunshine, and good nights of rest - thats all I really need. I don’t need diamonds in my ears, on my neck, or around my wrist. Just a little gold necklace with a small sphere of turquoise at the end is enough of a treat. I would like to continue to be a muse, and continue to take good care of my body. I would like to have time for people. Time to really care for people.

No comments: