Saturday, December 13, 2008

I found this in one of my many notebooks today.

I am where I am.
I am where I should be,
where I need to be.
I am creating.
That means I'm alive.

I will not put my creation up
next to yours right now
And please do not put yours up next to mine.
Yours is so lovely.
But comparing is NOT
what making is all about.
It is about what is innate.

I create.
It means I'm alive.
Some people are living, but they're standing still,
growing lukewarm and moldy.
Sometimes they walk backwards.
But I can't do that.
I must walk forward.
I must swim far from shore.

To me, this has to do with being human.
The Creator has made us creators too.
He has put this ability in my mind
and in my hands.
It is how I am made.
It is how I reflect Him,
who has also created the ocean and clam shells and the sun.

The ocean can't restrain it's tides.
The clam shell can't stop producing pearls.
The sun can't stop expelling warmth.
I can not grow stagnant.
I revel in being alive and creating.

No comments: