Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bits from a notebook II

-Truth.  Knowledge.  Neither is withheld if we seek.


-To create is to worship.

To be human is to create. 


-Christians and artists give answers to questions that people don't realize they're asking.

God speaks. 


-How do we "lay ourselves down" in service while creating something that is uniquely from ourselves?  Maybe that IS what "laying ourselves down" is - giving an outpouring of what we have specifically inside of us.  Giving God a gift that can only come from me - my intellect, my reasoning, my imagination and creativity. 


-What constitutes "the good life"? 


-Observe. Interpret. Apply.

What? So what? Now what?


-I don't have all the answers


-As an artist, I record my world daily.  However, the most profound moments I have experienced by myself, with no pen in hand.  They are beyond word or image, incappable of reproduction.  I can tell you though, that they have always involved sunlight, wind, breath and a movement of the spirit.


- 1. Ask questions

  2. Listen

  3. Try to understand 


-Everybody sees things a little bit differently


-On an airplane, it's good to meet your neighbors


Other's Words:


-"in this net it's not just the strings that count

but also the air that escapes through the meshes" -Neruda


-"the truth that is truth is often paradox" -Tao Te Ching


-"If I forget you God, may my hands forget their skill." -psalms 137:1


-"Don't doubt in the dark what you have seen in the light." -student at Salt conference


-"I've been thirsty my whole life.  Never really known why." -Big Fish


-"Artists use lies to tell the truth." -V for Vendetta


-"There are no words to explain, no tongue, how when that player touches the strings, it is me playing and being played."  -Rumi

No comments: