Saturday, February 20, 2010

Interior monologue from 2008

You know what's important? Living with passion - that's what's important. If I died tonight, I'd want people to know that I feel strongly about this matter - I feel like I have no other option but to suck the marrow out of life - every single day. Painting like you don't need to sleep - that's important. Singing loud- being moved by a song - that's important. Feeling. I mean really feeling - have you ever really... felt? Do you know what it's like? I do. It's like being invincible. It's like the whole world and its rules are walls around you and they collapse. Petals on a flower, opening up until they're splayed out flat. And it's a welling inside your chest, and you're really excited for some reason, and you're pretty sure that that reason is just the fact that you're alive - and i mean really alive. And can I tell you something? Something kind of candid? ...It's God is what it is. It can't be words, or paint or music or singing because it's essentially God. It's that thing that everyone always expresses as "unable to describe with words," and I gotta say - it's really spiritual, man. To me, it's just God welling inside my chest sometimes.
Sometimes I just gotta say stuff, so if I die tomorrow, it's out...and that's scary, but no matter how many hours I'm alive, my whole life will ultimately be a drop in the ocean. Whether my life is eighteen or eighty years, it's still small. Therefore, waking up and living a day - I mean being able to be alive - is definitely not something to be timid about. It's not something to be taken lightly. It's all you really have.

1 comment:

Bobby English Jr. said...

"if you admire somebody you should go ahead and tell em. People never get the flowers while they can still smell em."